Friday, August 6, 2010

La Di Da Di

Yesterday I dedicated my twitter page to one one of my fave MC's Slick Rick. Why you ask? Well I've always loved the the late 80s and 90s era (90s baby woot woot! lol) and I don't know something about it really appeals to me. I was watching some early Spike Lee "joints" (Do The Right Thing, Crooklyn, etc...) and I was inspired by the fashion and I started sketching some designs that reflected this time. Soooo long story short I just thought I would post some photos, music, and some video clips from back in the day. Enjoy!




Slick Rick & Doug E Fresh - La Di Da Di (1985)





Do The Right Thing (1989)



A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation (1992)









Pharcyde - Passin Me By (1993)



Easy E - Boyz N' The Hood (1986)



DJ Jazzy Jeff & Will Smith - Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
(One of my FAVE TV shows to this day)

No comments:

Post a Comment